Welcome to The Hayloft
This charming self-catering cottage is situated in the delightful Angus countryside between Brechin and Edzell, the gateway to the glens. Ideally placed for shops and local facilities within 10 minutes drive. Whether you are interested in golf, fishing, hill walking, beach walks, cycling, historic sites, or even paint-balling, there are activities to please everyone. The world famous Carnoustie and St Andrews golf courses are just about an hour's drive and there are a range of quality golf courses only minutes away.
The area is rich in history and there are several sites of interest worth visiting. Glamis Castle is within half an hour's drive and nearby is the National Trust for Scotland's House of Dun. If reading and peace and quiet is what you crave, there is a good supply of books to choose from in the cottage and a variety of board games for the family.
The Hayloft at Wards of Keithock has a truly magical atmosphere, and is surrounded by wildlife. There are frequent sightings of red squirrels, roe-deer, woodpeckers and even kingfishers. The cottage has been sensitively furnished in a traditional yet modern country style with all the amenities you will require for a relaxing and comfortable holiday.
- Sleeps - 4 +1
- Bedrooms - 2 (1 double, 1 twin/super king, folding bed suitable for older child)
- Bathrooms - 2 ensuite + 1 downstairs WC
- Washing machine/drier
- TV, DVD player and stereo
- Wood burning stove
- Oil fired central heating
- Wireless internet access
- Attractive and well maintained garden
- Garden furniture
- Dogs by arrangement
- Short breaks on request
- No smoking in the house
Entry is into an vestibule, with cloakroom and WC leading off. From there, you move into an open plan downstairs area comprising on one side a charming, well appointed kitchen with dining area. The original deep window has been retained to maintain the original character of the building. On the other side is a bright and sunny sitting room with French windows leading out onto a patio and overlooking the attractive and well maintained garden.
A stairway leads up stairs to a small landing. On either side there is a double room, both with an en suite bathroom. Each bath has an overhead shower. One of the rooms has a Juliet balcony. Both rooms have velux windows almost to floor level so that the lovely views can be enjoyed when lying in bed. One bedroom has twin beds which convert to a super king sized double, the other has a double bed. Both bedrooms have plentiful storage so you do not have to live out of suitcases.
- Heating oil and electricity.
- Up to two baskets of logs are provided each week. Thereafter, further logs can be purchased from the owner. Coal or any other fuels cannot be used in the stove.
- Pets by arrangement only, at a cost of £20 per dog.
- All bed linen and towels are provided.
Out and about:
- Brechin - 2 miles, Edzell - 3 miles
- Airports - Aberdeen - 43 miles, Dundee - 29 miles
- Rail Station - Montrose - 11 miles
- Several pubs & restaurants within 10 mile radius
- Drovers Inn, Memus; especially recommended for atmosphere and excellent food - 14 miles
- Hill walking
- 2 golf courses within 3 miles
- Glamis Castle - 21 miles
- Fishing - 4 miles
- House of Dun - 8 miles
- Lewis Grassic Gibbon Centre - 16 miles
- Paint-balling - 2 miles
- Supermarket, pharmacy, hairdresser, butcher, newsagent within 3 miles